To lose your smartphone, can be so annoying. In case, you’ve ever misplaced an android phone, well we’ve all been there. As far as we all know, phones these days isn’t all about making and receiving calls.
Lots of advancement have been imbibed into our smartphones. We do a lot with our Android smartphones, like; use social media, locate a person through GPS technology, save documents and so on.
When you lost your android phone, there is this urge, of finding it back, because of the use it has to you. I will go straight to the point in telling you how to find your lost android smartphone. In case you lost it. I will tell different ways on how to find a lost or stolen, without using an app.
How to Find Your Lost Android Phone
Get an Android smartphone and then, try these steps below, to find your lost android smartphone.
- The first step is to use the Android Device Manager feature. Modern-day Android smartphones come with this feature on the phone. For the sole purpose, to help locate a lost or stolen Android phone.
- Go to settings, then to security, and enable ‘Android Device Manager’. Once you have it enabled, look for Android Device Manager web code, by using a search engine.
- When it opened, log in your google account first. when its opened, you should see you phone listed along with other phones you’ve used to sign in or log in your google account on.
- You will be able to see the device location, click on the ‘ring icon’, to ring the phone. Ring the phone and then lock it. Or better still erase all the data on the phone, if you want. Then turn on your data connection and your location, to enable you to find the phone fast, in case it got stolen or missing nearby.
- The next is to check out ‘Google Location History’ to see where your phone was at last when you lost.
- Also, if you have an Android watch, you can use it to look for your lost phone, if you think it got missing close by. You can start by saying ‘OK Google, Find my phone’ and it will start reading and searching for the location of your phone.
- Well, this can only be possible, if you link your phone to your android watch. And if this doesn’t work out for you, you can report the matter to the police, with your IMEI Number, and you can find the unique identification number at the back of the lost devices box. If you can’t find the device’s box, you can find the IMEI number on the Google Dashboard web code.
Even after using all these processes to find your lost android phone. I will advise you to take precautions, to avoid you going through a lot of stress, finding your lost Android phone.
- First, make sure you enable the Android Device Manager. By doing so, Go to ‘setting’ scroll down and tap ‘Google’, then ‘Security’, then enable ‘Android Device Manager’. Always keep your data connection on, as well as your location.
All these steps and procedures listed above, on how to your lost Android smartphone, are relevant to know. With a high assurance that, when you follow these steps, you are sure to retrieve your android smartphone back.
All these written above is how to find your lost android smartphone without a help of an App. But instead, through the help of some features, imbibed on Android smartphones. I hope you find this article helpful.