In the technological age we are, there are lot of social media platform we used to converse. WhatsApp is no exception, in fact it is one of favorite and most used social media. As the app keeps advancing in its abilities, it gives users the opportunity to explore more. And also find out new ways to keep the social media app more interesting to use.
One trick I’ll like you to know about WhatsApp is how to hide your WhatsApp conversations. Yes, WhatsApp gives you that much privacy. In case you have or had a private chat with a friend or acquaintance, you’ll need this article, as it will help you hide your conversations. WhatsApp have many hidden features, which you might not know about. Like this feature, where you can keep your conversation with someone private, and not viewable to others.
When you want to hide a chat on WhatsApp, you must archive your WhatsApp conversation. and you’ll then unarchive it, to view your chats back. Here below, ill be showing you step on how to hide WhatsApp chats. Without wasting much time, ill give step to step guide to follow, to hide conversations on WhatsApp. For both Android and iPhone.
How to Hide WhatsApp Conversation on Android
- First, you open your WhatsApp.
- On chats, you select the WhatsApp conversation you want to hide, by pressing and hold.
- After that, different options will pop-up for you to select from.
- Then choose from the archive conversation setting.
- When you’ve done that, your selected conversation will hide.
How to Unhide WhatsApp Conversation on Android
To unhid or unarchive your WhatsApp conversation is as simple as the way to hide it. Here are steps to guide you below.
- Open your WhatsApp as usual.
- Then, you’ll see the ‘archived chat’ option, press it.
- You’ll be able to see the chat or chats you’ve hidden.
- Select it by pressing and holding it.
- Then, you’ll see the option where you’ll select the ‘unarchive chat’ option.
- When you are done with that, you have unhidden your WhatsApp conversation.
How to Hide WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone (iOS)
This method is as easy as that of Androids. Here are steps below on how to hide WhatsApp conversation on iOS system, on iPhone.
- Launch the WhatsApp on your iPhone, then go to ‘chats’.
- Select the conversation, you want to hide.
- Swipe left with your finger, to show you the archive button.
- By doing that, your WhatsApp chat will be archived or hidden.
How to Unhide WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone (iOS)
Just in case you wish to unarchive or unhide a chat after hiding it. Follow these steps below. its easy.
- First, move to the chats, then slide downwards with your finger.
- Press the archive chat button.
- After doing that, to unhide your chat, just swipe left.
- To round off everything, select ‘retrieve’ to recover all your hidden WhatsApp conversation.
Note: Sometimes you may want to hide more than one chat or conversation. In this case, select multiple chats, then follow the methods given above for both Android and iPhone.