It is necessary to copy contacts from Outlook to Gmail if you already have an account on outlook and want to migrate or also open an account on Gmail. In order, to reduce stress than to create a brand new pack of contacts. Because you already have your contacts stored in your outlook program. And users need to learn this as it will help to set up things on time.
Outlook helps a lot when dealing with contacts, it saves, group and export contact for users, that keep your contacts safe. Gmail is the most used right now in the world, because it provides extra duties, that other email service provider don’t have. So, getting a Gmail account is very important.
The process of copying outlook contacts to Gmail is easy. Because of the import and export wizard placed in the program, that makes importing or copying and exporting of contacts, with other files easier. This is also one of the best function, outlook program offers, since they created it.
How to Export Contacts From Outlook
Before you can copy or import Outlook contacts to Gmail, you must export them first from Outlook. Here are steps to do that below:
- Open your outlook mail, and click the ‘file’ icon, at the top left part of the screen.
- Click ‘option’ and then ‘advanced’.
- Click on ‘export’, under the export folder.
- Export to file under the first page of the import and export wizard, then click the next icon placed below.
- Choose the ‘CSV’ icon and then click ‘next’.
- Click the contact folder icon, on the folder list you want to export. Then click the ‘next’ icon.
- Select a location you want to store the contacts to, then make the folder and click ‘next’.
- After that, you can change the way your contact information is saved. By clicking the map custom field.
- Then click ‘finish’.
When your are done exporting contacts from outlook, you can now import to Gmail. By following the steps below.
How to Copy (Import) Outlook Contacts to Gmail
- Log in to your Gmail account first.
- Click ‘contacts’, right after clicking ‘Gmail’.
- Click on ‘more’, then click ‘import’.
- Under the import folder, click ‘browse’.
- Choose the file you exported from outlook, then click ‘import’.
You’ll be able to import your contacts to Gmail, after following these steps above. When you import your outlook contacts to gmail, all your contacts on outlook will be available on your Gmail account.